Ask Us Anything: Best Practices for Precision GrowingDate and Time: Tuesday, June 7, 2023 1:00 pm EST
The ACT Group recently hosted a virtual “Ask Us Anything” event on June 7, which was attended by growers and operations teams from all over the world. The event hosted a panel of experts from industry leading companies who answered live questions from growers on the topics of climate control, lighting, nutrient management, pest and disease control, and automation.
If you missed this event, download the recording to learn about the latest trends, innovations, and growing strategies from experts at Svensson, Priva, Growtec, Philips Horticulture LED Solutions, and Grodan.
Light It Up and Black It OutDate and Time: Tuesday, September 1, 2020 11:30 am EST (8:30 am PST)
As a cannabis cultivator, you know the importance of managing the crop’s light cycle. Learn how to optimize your greenhouse lighting and implement light mitigation and blackout screen strategies to effectively manage the climate and cultivation of greenhouse-grown cannabis. Program will be presented by Svensson and Signify.
Key takeaways include:
• Achieving true darkness with blackout screens
• Humidity management considerations when screening
• Enhancing your climate with shade screens and insect control screening solutions
• Effect of spectra and light recipes on compounds and plant chemistry
• Efficiency of lighting and the effect on yield
• How LED lighting can support pest control management
Greenhouse light abatement bylaws, now what?Date and Time: Monday, March 8, 2021 1:00 am EST (10:00 am PST)
Join Svensson and Priva for this informative and interactive virtual session as they share their insights and recommendations for keeping plants in balance under these unusual circumstances.
• Keeping it Lit: Curtains and computer controls best practices for preventing light escape and optimizing the growing environment.
• Humidity Control: How to minimize the humidity effect and control heat build-up throughout the year.
• Utilizing Light Abatement Curtains together with my current curtains: How to manage two or more screens successfully.
And much more related to ensuring an optimal climate under these new bylaws!
Best Practices in Water Use Efficiency and Recirculation for Cannabis CultivationDate and Time: Tuesday July 28, 2020 10:30 am PST
Join Priva and Grodan as we discuss commercial-scale recirculating systems and water-use efficiency in Cannabis cultivation. Advance your knowledge of irrigation recirculation infrastructure, best practices for water management, and how data driven solutions can increase production efficiency while minimizing your water footprint.
Key learning points:
• Key components for recirculation systems
• Ensuring safe re-use of return water
• Integration of key components into automated irrigation system
• Best practices for substrate management in recirculating systems
• Using root-zone data to increase irrigation efficiency
• Influencing root-zone environments on a daily and season basis to improve water management and minimize drain
• Understanding substrate water distribution and how nutrients and fertilizer move through blocks and slabs
Attendees will receive a copy of the irrigation best practices book following the webinar in either digital or print format.